To pass the course you have to:
- pass the written examination at the end of the course
- give an oral presentation of a journal paper (seminar activity)
- participate when the other students give their oral presentations.
The written exam contains two parts.
- Part A is closed-book test consisting of a number of short questions of related to the concepts presented during the course. The answers to Part A are handed in, before you proceed with Part B.
- Part B consists of open-book problem solving related to system design. Consulting the textbook and handouts of lecture slides are allowed during this part.
TWO EXAMPLE PROBLEMS, WITH SOLUTIONS: Example2006
|First examination:||Thu, June 2||08.00-13.00||Sparta:C|
|Re-exam:||Sat, Aug 27||08.00-13.00||E:2311|
Journal paper presentation
The details about the compulsory presentation of a journal paper can be found under the Student Presentations of the course (menu on the left).