To pass the course you have to:
- pass the written examination at the end of the course
- give an oral presentation of a journal paper (seminar activity)
- participate when the other students give their oral presentations.
The written exam contains two parts.
- Part A is closed-book test consisting of a number of short questions of related to the concepts presented during the course. The answers to Part A are handed in, before you proceed with Part B.
- Part B consists of open-book problem solving related to system design. Consulting the textbook and handouts of lecture slides are allowed during this part.
TWO EXAMPLE PROBLEMS, WITH SOLUTIONS: Example2006
|First examination:||May 28, 2010
||Vic3 at Victoriastadion
[How to get there!]
|Second examination:||Aug 25, 2010
||08.00-13.00||E:2311 (and E:3318 if
Journal paper presentation
The details about the compulsory presentation of a journal paper can be found under the Seminar activity of the course (menu on the left).