Useful links and readings for this course:
We highly recommend to take a look on the links/documents, which are specified in green, before attending the course. You can use the remaining ones for further references.
The content of this course can be categorized into the following three parts, which mainly will be covered through the lectures and labs. It is expected that the students are familiar with basics in digital design (FSM, Digital Gates, FFs, Clock, Reset, etc).
However, we provide the following additional resources for each part, which can help you to have a better progress in the course.
1. Basic Concepts in VLSI and Digital Circuits, and FPGA
2. Tools and FPGA Board
3. Hardware Design using VHDL
- Tutorial to learn VHDL step by step by many examples, starting from basic gates and up to a simple microprocessor.
- This document describes the concept of test bench and also it shows how to write efficient testbenches.
- This document includes some design/testbench examples in VHDL (may improve your coding style).
- Designer's Guide to VHDL
- Use this document as a REFERNCE for VHDL syntax.