There are 2 projects.
This project relates to topics discussed on lecture 3. After that lecture you should be able to understand the project.
Deadline: February 2nd.
This project covers several parts of the course, but you should be able to start on it right away.
Each oral presentation will focus on one of the following topics:
A. Certificate handling.
B. Confidentiality and integrity in TLS.
C. Logging in and password handling.
D. Replay attacks in the TLS handshake and record protocols.
E. MITM-attacks in TLS.
F. Differences between cipher suites in TLS.
G. How should ethics rank compared to other industrial decision factors? How are ethical considerations handled in the real world?
1. February 9th, book presentation time (top three available time slots [3-4 groups per time slot], rank topic letters), email Paul.
2. February 24th, distribute your report (not code) for peer-review, cc to Paul.
3. February 28th, return your comments for the two reports that you have reviewed, cc to Paul.
4. March 1st, functionality peer-review completed (do not cc Paul).
5. March 2nd, mail code, configuration files (compression ok) and report bundle (pdf, uncompressed) to Paul.
6. Day before your presentation, mail presentation (pdf, uncompressed) to Paul.
All deadlines are at 23.59.
Note on functionality peer-review: For the functionality review, reviewers and reviewees are expected to set up a live meeting (do not just email your code, because this is actually a functionality review). The functionality peer-review pairs act autonomously, deciding on their own when and where to meet (respecting the deadline). Read the project description and see the functionality review form for instructions. If you wish to (optional), you can book a time-slot with Paul for teacher support for your functionality peer-review.
Presentations will be held in E:2517 (has a projector with VGA/DVI/HDMI connectors).
Presentation time slots (colored slots are available):
|8.30 - 9.30||3F, 7C, 8E, 27D||6C, 17E, 28C|
|9.30 - 10.30||10G, 25C, 34E||13C, 15E, 32B, 35A|
|10.30 - 11.30||5E, 11E, 12B, 24C||9G, 21E, 31B|
|11.30 - 13.00||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch
|13.00 - 14.00||2B, 4C, 18G, 22E||19C, 20E, 23D, 38G|
|14.00 - 15.00||16C, 26E, 39D||14C, 29D, 30E|
|15.00 - 16.00||1E, 33B, 37G|
|16.00 - 17.00||Avoid||Avoid|
When at office, all weekdays EXCEPT Wednesdays (exclusively dedicated to research requiring undivided attention).
For help on Wednesdays, please use Paul's 24/7 email service (see below).
Paul's 24/7 email service works like a charm for assistance at off-hours. That is, you are free to email your question at any time, and Paul will respond as soon as it is practical to do so.