There are in total 4 mandatory projects and 2 bonus projects in this course.
- The completion of the first bonus project adds 2 points to your raw exam score, while the completion of bonus project 2 adds an extra 3 points to the raw exam score. In total up to 5 points can be added to the exam score. The total points for the exam is 100 points (so maximum 5% may be added).
- The bonus points can only be added up to the passing grade.
- The bonus points will also apply to all re-exams.
- The students must successfully complete Projects 1-4 (compulsory).
The projects cover a selection of the presented topics in the course and they are aimed at reinforcing students' understanding of multiple antenna systems.
The projects are to be performed by each student individually, or in a group of max. 2 students. Discussion among one another is allowed, but each group should submit its OWN solution.
A very brief report (4 pages max.) should be written for each project, i.e., you do not need to write long report in a formal way. For an approved report, one should
1. describe "briefly" the methods used to solve the problem,
2. present the results, e.g., in figures, and
3. comment on the results (important!).
4. computer code (MATLAB or Python) should be included as a separate file (.m or .py). Note that coding in Python is allowed for the first time this year.
In order to pass the project component in this course, reports for Projects 1-4 should be submitted according to the following schedule. If the report is not submitted by the deadline, or the quality of the submitted report is unreasonably poor (e.g., missing the main results, no discussion), the student will not be allowed to submit the project until after the exam, but before the first re-exam (to be eligible for bonus points in the first re-exam, if it is approved). However, if the report needs to be revised, it can only be resubmitted after the first re-exam and before the second re-exam. Further submission is only allowed in the following year of the course instance.
Furthermore, if required, students who submitted their reports by the deadline (with at least minimum acceptable quality), should revise their reports until they are approved by the teaching assistant. To ensure a serious attempt in the revision, the number of resubmissions is limited to 2 (before the first exam). A 3rd and 4th resubmission if they are submitted before the 1st and 2nd re-exam, respectively. If the reports are not approved by the 4th re-submission, the student will need to re-register for the course in the following year to further resubmit.
For the submission of the projects this year we will use the canvas platform. You can find the submission links login in here. In case you are doing it in groups of 2 students it's enough if either one of the students makes the submission (please notify the groups by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please write your name(s) and email(s) on the report header.
An example report you can use as reference for your future submissions (not only in the resubmission of project 1) can be found here. Please read it through. Note the structure, presentation and analysis of the results.
|Project 1||21 Sep|
|Project 2||28 Sep|
|Bonus Project 1||template_script||05 Oct|
|Project 3||Hint 3|| 12 Oct
|Project 4||Hint 4|| 19 Oct
|Bonus Project 2||Bonus 2 Hint||26 Oct|